- Submit the Online Admissions Application
between October 1, 2015, and February 1, 2016.
Step #2 - While completing the online application, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 1, 2016:
- An official copy of student's grades/ transcripts from past two years of academics, including English translation and school seal
- A scanned copy of student's passport (and visa or green card, if applicable)
- Documentation of iTEP SLATE exam: sign up here
- A scan of a recent photo of applicant
- A scan of an official copy of bank statement with sufficient funds for tuition and fees
- A scan of international immunization record in English to our school nurse at email@example.com
Step #3 - Once we receive the application and all documents, schedule a Skype video interview for student and parents. Video interview will be about 90 minutes. We greet and meet student and parents for the first 15 minutes. If parents don’t speak English, they are welcome to have an interpreter with them during the Skype video interview. We will have an interpreter with us on our side of the Skype video interview that can help with translation too. Then we will conduct about a 45 minute interview with the student alone, followed by a 30 minute spontaneous writing assignment that the student will complete.
Step #4 - Following the interview, a decision will be made regarding admission to Oaks Christian School. The decision is made based on the student application, Skype interview, availability of host families, and the fit of the student with the available host families. The acceptance decision will be emailed to the student and parents.
Step #5 - If the student is accepted, the I-20 will be sent to the family by mail after the full tuition and fees are paid and the enrollment contract is submitted by May 1, 2016.
questions about the admissions process, please contact Director of
International Student Programs Caroline Kirchner at 818.824.9407 or by email to