What have we accomplished?
During our first four years, we have funded:
- a part-time administrative assistant for the department
- dance teachers to enhance the dance and theatre programs
- instruments for the middle school
- mirrors and drapes for the high school Curtis black box theatre
- a new lighting system for the dance room
- a wardrobe closet for the middle school
- wireless microphones for the Gosnell Stage
- a set of prop chairs for theatre productions
- a professional grade steamer for costumes
- an acoustic cloud system for the Bedrosian Pavilion
- a flat screen for the piano Pro Tools lab
- special funding for the middle school worship team
- acoustic guitars for the high school guitar classes
- recycling bins for the Bedrosian Pavilion
OPAS has also
established a committed board of directors, created an OPAS membership newsletter, held performing arts camps during the summers of 2011 through 2014, created and sold Oaks Christian performing arts rehearsal wear, spearheaded a high school wardrobe project, hosted member receptions, sold concessions, flowers, and perform-o-grams at performances and productions. In 2013, OPAS sponsored and produced the first Annual Fall Food and Music Festival, which is a unique community event showcasing our very own Oaks Christian students.
Why join OPAS?
When you become a member of the Oaks Performing Arts Society, you express support for our students, dedicated faculty and staff in a tangible and meaningful way. You become an integral part of cultivating and expanding the department. Twice an academic school year, you will receive a newsletter to keep you informed of performances and volunteer opportunities. Depending on the level of your support you will also have access to early-bird ticket sales and other select opportunities. Most importantly, as a contributing member of our Oaks Performing Arts community, you will help the department continue to develop and excel; thus, providing our students with greater artistic opportunities.
OPAS has established six levels of giving. Our Grand Memberships include Founding Members, Platinum Members, Gold Members and Silver Members. Additionally, our Annual Patron Membership and Friends of OPAS are ways to make a yearly commitment to the performing arts and its programs. We invite you to review the exciting benefits associated with these levels and become a member of our performing arts family.
To join OPAS, please download and print the pledge card and mail it to Oaks Christian School. We welcome corporate members too! If you would like additional information, please feel free to call our information line at 818.575.9120 and someone will contact you or you can email OPAS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for choosing to support the performing arts at Oaks Christian School.