The interplay of scholarship, spiritual formation, and service defines the vision of the OCS Spiritual Life Department as we seek to employ "knowledge and vital piety" as a means of serving and changing the world. We present and model Christ to students as a life-choice worthy of deep consideration, without fear of discrimination or disadvantage.
- WE BELIEVE the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible word of God.
- WE BELIEVE that there is only one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- WE BELIEVE that mankind was created good, but lost the hope of life eternal, destroyed his communion with God, and fell under the bondage of sin and death by rebelling against God‘s perfect way of life.
- WE BELIEVE that Jesus Christ is God‘s eternal Son, who redeemed mankind. As true God and true man, He was born of a virgin through the Holy Spirit, taught men how to live through His sinless life, took the consequences of our sin upon Himself in His passion and death upon the Cross, arose bodily from the dead on the third day after His death, was seen by His disciples, ascended to the right hand of the Father and will return in power and glory.
- WE BELIEVE that all are sinners, that all are called to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, that no one can come to the Father, except through Jesus Christ and that no one can come to faith in Christ, repent and attain holiness, but by the grace of God.
- WE BELIEVE as a gift from God, sexual intimacy is to be experienced only between a man and a woman within a marital relationship. We believe, therefore, that any other form of sexual intimacy is not in keeping with God’s plan for mankind.
- WE BELIEVE that the Holy Spirit is freely given to those that believe in Jesus Christ, that the fruits and benefits of Christ‘s redemption are applied to us individually by the Holy Spirit, and that the Holy Spirit lives in us and enables us to live godly lives.
- WE BELIEVE that at the end of the age there will be two resurrections: one to eternal life and glory, the other to eternal condemnation.
For more information, please contact Dee Dee Mayer, Associate Head of School for Spiritual Life at 818.575.9226 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.