Oaks Christian School is committed to enrolling a talented and diverse students who aspire to academic excellence, artistic expression, athletic distinction, spiritual growth, and active participation in school activities. Our financial aid is limited, needs-based and mission-driven.
- The financial aid online application Fall 2019 opens Nov. 1, 2018.
- Deadline to apply: Feb. 1, 2019.
- Current families receiving financial aid must reapply for financial aid each year.
- Important note: Email is a primary means of communication with applicants. The OCS financial aid office will send important messages to you using the email address that you list on your application. It is your responsibility to check this email account regularly and read your messages from OCS. Be sure to notify FACTS if this email address changes.
If seeking financial aid, both the online admissions application and the financial aid online application must be submitted by Feb. 1, 2019.
Families applying for financial aid must complete the following four steps of the financial aid application process. Please click on each tab below for more information, and make note of important dates.
- Step 1: Financial Aid Application by February 1, 2019
- Step 2: Submit the Online Financial Aid Application by February 1, 2019
- Step 3: Requirements to be submitted to Facts by February 1, 2019
- Step 4: Submit your 2018 tax return to FACTS by April 15, 2019
$75.00 (per family) processing fee payable by credit or debit card only. To pay and complete the application fee form please CLICK HERE. Once you complete Step 1, a link to the online application will be provided in the payment confirmation page and a link will also be emailed to you.
1. After you have paid the financial aid fee by following the instructions in Step 1, please follow the link in your payment acknowledgement receipt to complete your online application. It is highly recommended that you save your acknowledgment receipt if you wish to obtain future access to your online application.
2. After you enter the FACTS' website, click the drop down next to the Parent Log In and click Payment Plans/Financial Aid to proceed with the application.
3. Your online application includes a section to submit your personal testament outlining your financial aid need, how your student will benefit and/or add to the mission statement of OCS and how you might assist OCS in the future.
P.O. Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
Fax Number: 866.315.9264
Required documents are:
- IRS 1040, and schedules C and E, if applicable for 2017
- 2017 business tax returns such as K-1s for partnerships and 1120s for corporations if applicable
- W-2s and/or 1099s for 2018 are due by February 1, 2019
- Form 4506-T: at the top of the form, enter name(s) and current address. At the bottom, enter phone number, sign and date.
Please do not forward these documents to Oaks Christian School as this will delay the processing of your application.
Steps #1, #2 and #3 must be completed by Feb. 1, 2019.
A copy of your 2018 Federal Tax Return, Business Returns (if applicable) including all supporting tax schedules must be uploaded to FACTS no later than April 15, 2019.
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at 866.441.4637 or the Oaks Christian Financial Aid Department at email@example.com or 818.575.9215.
Do you give athletic/academic/arts scholarships?
Financial aid is a limited needs-based, mission-driven program. Athletic, academic, or fine arts scholarships are not available.
Who may apply for financial aid?
Financial aid is a needs based, mission driven program. Anyone may apply for aid, however; applying for aid does NOT guarantee that a grant will be offered.
Is there a tuition discount for siblings?
We do not offer sibling discounts. The cost of sending multiple children to private school is taken into consideration when assessing a family's demonstrated need through the FACTS Application. If this additional cost creates a demonstrated financial need for assistance, financial aid awards will be offered accordingly.
Does Oaks have any merit scholarships for which we can compete?
No. Financial aid is a needs based, mission driven program.
How is "demonstrated need" determined?
Need is determined by the Oaks Christian School Financial Aid committee, which uses a third-party recommendation (FACTS), online application, required supporting documents.
What will the family's contribution be?
There are many factors affecting financial aid awards. The most significant factors are family income and assets. However, other considerations include mortgages, debt, number of siblings, siblings in the school, special circumstances, and single income providers.
What if parents are separated or divorced?
We take into account that both parents have a financial obligation to contribute to their children's educational expenses. We consider the assets and income of both natural parents. If either parent has remarried, we will consider the income of the step-parent as well. In view of this, both natural parents and their current spouses need to complete separate applications, however only one fee is required.
It would be tough for us to afford Oaks Christian School for the duration that my child would attend. Am I able to apply for financial aid in later years?
When a family applies to the school as a full-pay applicant, this demonstrates that the family will be capable of financing all educational costs for that year and all subsequent years. The school's limited financial aid funds are then committed to other families. The school's budget relies on these original commitments. Most years, the school maintains a fairly modest emergency fund for families that request aid subsequent to admission. These funds are strictly reserved for matriculating families that encounter unforeseeable financial hardships and dramatic changes to their resources. No funds are available for families with pre-existing needs not disclosed at the time of admission. This should be avoided at all costs.
Will my child's financial aid award change from year to year?
Families must reapply for financial aid each year. If there is little or no change in the family circumstances, a family can expect that a financial aid award will be renewed at the same level, bearing in mind that any tuition increase will be shared between the family and Oaks Christian School. If there is a significant increase in family need, Oaks Christian School will seek to accommodate that need. Likewise, if the family’s need decreases, the appropriate adjustment will be made to the financial aid recipient to reflect the family’s increased ability to contribute to their student’s educational expenses.
How and when do I apply for financial aid?
The financial aid deadline is February 1, 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year. To apply for financial aid, parents must complete the FACTS Application online after November 1, 2018, and upload all the required supporting documentation to your online FACTS Assessment application.
In addition, a $75 fee must be sent to the Financial Aid Office at Oaks Christian School.
Complete information on the application process can be found on our website at www.oakschristian.org under Admissions > Financial Aid.
Is the financial aid application confidential?
Details contained within the application for financial aid are held in confidence.
Does our family have to repay the grant?
No. The grant is not a loan. However, if the student or their parents become blessed financially in the future, we would ask them to remember the “pay it forward” concept and contribute back to Oaks Christian School to help other students and families that have a need.