There is no better way to get to know a community than to experience it firsthand. We provide families with several opportunities to visit our campus. Join us for an individual campus visit, a shadow day or attend any and all admission information events.
You and your entire family are invited to join us for any of our admissions events for those who have a possible interest in admissions for grades 5 through 12.
Fall Admissions Events
- Admissions Information Night - Thursday, September 19, 2019 | 7-9pm
- Admissions Annual Open House - Sunday, November 3, 2019 | 1-4pm
- OCS Preview Day for 8th Grade Students and Parents - Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019 l 9am-1pm
- Admissions Information Night - Thursday, January 16, 2020 | 7-9pm
Customized Admissions Events
In minutes, you can experience the breathtaking Oaks Christian School campus and state-of-the-art facilities that are de rigueur among the most well-featured schools. Personal tours are available weekdays by appointment. In addition, small group tours are provided at our three annual admissions events: Admissions Information Nights (fall and winter) and Open House (fall). Feel free to have both a personal tour and a small group tour at one or more of our events.
Discover, during your tour, these features and benefits of an OCS education:
- Outstanding performing and visual arts, and athletic facilities that foster personal growth.
- Unique collegiate-like environment and culture spurring academic development and maturity (varied course offerings, progressive curriculum choices and educational methods, teacher-student engagement, student independence).
- Educational and personal support systems for students that promote self-awareness and knowledge, and achievement (mentoring/advisory groups, Academic Support Program, OC Learning Center, National Honor Society peer-tutoring).
Tours can include the following campus highlights: classrooms, library, cafés, visual art classrooms, Bedrosian Pavilion, piano lab with Apple computers, indoor athletic centers, college counseling offices, orchestra, band, dance and choir rooms, editing booth and green-screen production studio, fitness and weight training room, athletics trainers’ facility, atrium, student quad, spiritual life center, teacher core room, black box theatres, individual athletic facilities, photography classrooms including dark room and costume department.
Our Shadow Day Program provides an opportunity to pair a visiting shadow student with a host Oaks student of the grade level being sought by the prospective student. We choose someone who is a new and friendly face, someone informative and caring who shares some common interests with the prospective student. Depending on the flexibility in a date for the student's shadow day, we can schedule the shadow to include a specific class in which the student has a particular interest. This could include an academic level, a core subject, or an elective. Please know we do our best to accommodate requests, but may be limited by circumstances of date, schedules, or special programs going on in the school that day.
If you are picking a date that is convenient for your student and family, we appreciate a week's notice before the desired shadow day. Typically, the shadow student arrives in the morning and departs after the lunch period scheduled for that day. Once the shadow day is scheduled, you will receive an email with all the details you and your student need to know for that day including: class schedule, name of host, parking and directions, logistics, and what to wear.